March 15, 2019
[Madison, WI] – Tonight, Judge Brian Hagedorn and his opponent for State Supreme Court, Lisa Neubauer, will meet in their first formal debate. While Judge Hagedorn has made clear he’ll stand up for the rule of law by protecting the Constitution and applying the law as it is written, Judge Lisa Neubauer has made clear only one thing – that she is willing to say one thing and do another, endangering Wisconsin’s reforms along the way.
Here are 5 things to watch for from Neubauer in tonight’s debate:
1) “Fair, impartial, independent.” Judge Neubauer will claim time and again that she will be fair, impartial and independent – even though she and her allies are targeting Judge Hagedorn for his religious faith, and even though she has long engaged in inappropriate political activity.
2) Expect her to gloss over her partisanship. Judge Neubauer will claim she has not been inappropriately partisan. Let’s get real: She’s a far-left partisan who attended a climate change rally to protest the president, just for starters.
3) Get ready for the family business stiff-arm. Judge Neubauer will claim that, just like politics, there’s nothing to see from her family’s business ties. Then why did she stop disclosing the clients of her family’s company to the public, after disclosing them for years previously?
4) Watch for the myth that she took a “different path” than her family. Judge Neubauer will claim she “took a different path” than her party boss husband and her far-left legislator daughter. But she’s donated money, and worked for Democrat candidates for Congress and president.
5) Expect her to dodge questions. Whether it is her true values or her opinion on pressing legal matters, Judge Neubauer has declined time and again to give clear answers to questions from the press and voters – get ready for more of that.