January 9, 2017
Governor Walker’s Bold Reforms Are Driving the Wisconsin Comeback
‘Walker is working for Wisconsin’
[Madison, Wis.] — Heading into Governor Walker’s State of the State Address tomorrow afternoon, it’s important to lay out how far Wisconsin has come under his leadership. Bold reforms led by Governor Walker and Republican leadership are driving Wisconsin’s comeback – and the Badger State is moving in the right direction.
“Thanks to Governor Walker, Wisconsin is working for taxpayers, students, and their families,” said Alec Zimmerman, spokesman for the Republican Party of Wisconsin. “More people are working today than at any point in state history, our students are succeeding, and we have a state government that works for us and not against us.”
Wisconsin’s Economy is Moving Forward
- Wisconsin’s Unemployment Rate is 4.1%, the lowest it’s been since 2001.
- Wisconsin also boasts a strong labor force participation rate.
- There are more people working than at any other point in Wisconsin history.
- Since Governor Walker took office, over 52,000 new business entities have been created.
Walker is Empowering Wisconsin’s Students
- Governor Walker worked with the legislature to pass a tuition freeze that has lasted four years.
- Walker has also supported legislation to provide students with a tax break for paying off their loans.
- Walker has signed into law legislation to give students real experience in the workforce as they earn their degrees.
Walker Protects Wisconsin’s Taxpayers
- Walker’s signature legislation, Act 10, has saved Wisconsin taxpayers over $5 billion.
- Walker balanced Wisconsin’s budget without raising taxes.
- In fact, Walker and Republicans in the state legislature have cut taxes by nearly $5 billion, giving hard-working families real relief.
As Governor Scott Walker gives his State of the State Address, Wisconsin Republicans are proud to stand by his record, and this year we plan to continue to highlight his common-sense, pro-growth reforms. Find out more at www.wisgop.org.
 (“WI Unemployment Rate Lowest Since ’01,” Associated Press, 10/20/16)
 (“Wisconsin is Working,” Governor Walker’s Weekly Radio Address, 1/7/2016)
 (“Is Scott Walker right that there are more people working than ever?,” Politifact, 7/27/16)
 (“Working for Wisconsin: Governor Scott Walker Announces More Than 52,000 New Business Entities Created Since Taking Office,” Walker Press Office, 3/23/16)
 (Scott Walker seeks to extend UW tuition freeze, Associated Press, 8/2/16)
 (Act 10 Saves Wisconsin Taxpayers More Than $5 Billion Over 5 Years, MacIver Analysis Finds, MacIver Institute, 2/11/16)
 (Estimate Shows Nearly $5 Billion in Tax Relief for Wisconsinites Over Past Six Year, MacIver Institute, 9/30/16)