December 8, 2016
Wisconsin Recount: Millions of Dollars Later, Little to No Difference
Does Senator Baldwin support scams like this in Washington, D.C.?
[Madison, Wis.] — As the Wisconsin Recount continues, the cost per vote proves that this has been a complete scam and should make voters question the judgment of Wisconsin Democrats who bought into this political stunt.
“Senator Baldwin and Wisconsin Democrats should denounce this multi-million dollar scam that has been forced on the state,” said Pat Garrett, spokesman for the Republican Party of Wisconsin. “Anyone who supported this recount should own this stunt, and voters should ask if Democrats like Senator Baldwin can really be trusted to have Wisconsin’s best interests in mind.”
Millions of Dollars Later, there has been Little Change to the Margin
- According to local media reports, the latest on the Wisconsin recount shows Clinton netted only 82 votes. Clinton lost the state by over 22,000.
- With the recount’s expected $3.9 million price tag this means the cost per changed vote is roughly $47,560.
- For Jill Stein, who has picked up 60 votes, the cost is roughly $65,000 a vote.
- Is this what recount supporters like Senator Baldwin believe is a good deal for the state of Wisconsin?
Senator Baldwin is Playing Politics with the Recount
- Far and wide, this recount has been regarded as a waste of time and money, yet Wisconsin Democrats seem content with it continuing.
- At the end of the day, Senator Baldwin is supporting the recount for political games, and she owes Wisconsin voters an explanation.
Wisconsin Republicans remain committed to protecting the integrity of the election process and will work against any efforts to steal the election from Wisconsin voters.